Thursday, January 10, 2008

Coupe, Parte Deux

Recently I wrote about how I was letting my hair grow long so I could get a free haircut from Bumble & Bumble University. I know, why go forwards just to go back? Because you get to travel, that's why.

So, to review, this is what my hair looked like the day of the haircut:

looking to the left
looking to the right

Bumble & Bumble have a pretty good setup for "hair models" to come in and hang out in a comfortable setting... spacious, in the not-so-expensive real estate area of extreme W 13th street in Manhattan's Meatpacking District (you can almost smell faint traces of porcine exsanguinations drifting up through the cobblestones as if saying "it should have been you....").

They even set up a large terrace for people to mill about, network, smoke cigarettes, call on their phones and generally do whatever New Yorkers do whenever they're not working, eating, shopping or fucking.



Two views from the terrace:





I like this shot. It's sparkly and self-repetitive... two of my photographic motif hallmarks:



Once more, before:


And after....



I'm told this would normally go for over $100. I don't think so, but if I'm so inclined to let my hair grow to over 4" long again by April (when my next appointment is) I'll let them have their way with it once more.

1 comment:

Juanolator said...

Uh... LoLLa... I looked at your blog.. I don't read Catalan.. (although I know Spanish and can passably read French, and Catalan is somewhat in between the two....)

But, curious: How did you end up here?