Sunday, November 18, 2007

ceci n'est pas un conseil de beauté

A few months ago I signed up for a free haircut to be done by a hairstyling student at Bumble & Bumble University. They cut hair with razors. That sounds kind of cool.

My hair has to be at least four inches long for them to be able to give the intended lesson to the student. I already got sent away once when I showed up with hair that was too short.


The thing is my hair doesn't really get longer with time; it gets wider; like Bozo the Clown wide. I'm sure my hair has never been anywhere near 4" long or I would have floated away at the first stiff wind.

To address this I used chemical relaxer which makes my hair STRAIGHT, and SPIKY. In the morning I look like a japanese manga cartoon (see left).






After a shower, brushing it down makes it perfectly flat, straight, pointed in whatever direction I leave it. It has the strange effect of making it look like a sort of soft, downy helmet. I call the style The Al, after our nation's most illustrious Attorney General.



The eventual results of the haircut (scheduled for the first week of January) will be reported.

No comments: