Monday, August 13, 2007

Richland County Public Library

The first in what I'm threatening myself with being an ongoing series of architectural photo essays.

In my recent trip down south I stayed with a friend in Columbia, SC. One of the more pleasant surprises of that trip was this absolutely WHACKED OUT building, inside and out, that proved to be the county public library. Fits in rather nicely with my photographic style. Kudos to the guy that sold them on the design (see? not all magnet buildings come from the Gehry tissue box).

Click to see the photos (will open a new window with an automated slideshow from Fotki.com; once that begins I suggest you use the popup menu on the right on that screen to activate "Picture stretching" to make sure the images don't get cropped inside your browser).

No comments: