Friday, February 01, 2008

The Day Anakin Died

Thursday, January 31, 2008
The Day Anakin Died

Business/Location: Heath Ledger Apartment
Address: 421 Broome St
City: New York
State: NY
Zip Code: 10013
Phone:
Website:

Posted by: Juan Molinari
Photo: Juan Molinari
Heath Ledger Apartment
When I first learned of Heath Ledger's death I looked away from my cell phone's news feed and turned to the person on my left, who was waiting for the movie to start along with me at the theater. "Heath Ledger is dead," I said, turning the phone to face him so he could read the headline on the Drudge Report . "Who's Heath Ledger?" he said. "He played Anakin Skywalker," I replied. It was only later, after I got home, that I realized that Heath Ledger had not, in fact played Anakin Skywalker; that that was Hayden Christensen. And I cried a little.

No comments: