Sunday, February 03, 2008

A chart design I hadn't seen before

I'm a bit of a fan of charts. I think it is a worthy pursuit to, unobtrusively, include and layer as much information into a 2- (soon to be 3-, yeah?) -dimensional graphic representation as possible. Trivially proposed it is a "how quickly can you solve Rubik's Cube?"-type of information design challenge. More significantly, it can save lives in ways that a tabular/numerical presentation of statistical figures never could hope to.

So, this design of recent primary polls (courtesy of pollster.com) sort of grabbed my attention; the immediate situation (I'm talking about the next two days) does indeed need new thinking ... chart-wise. And somebody rose to the occasion:




(hint for the non-primary politics-oriented: the big circles are the big-ticket states).

No comments: