Friday, October 23, 2009

Puerto Rico Gets a 9/11 of Its Own


Early this morning a number of large storage tanks in an oil refinery in Puerto Rico experienced sudden combustible failure. Kaboom (link goes to news story). Causes yet unknown 14 hours later.



Being an ex-pat, the only way I could get visual reportage was via the streamed video provided by telemundopr.com (the main TV station in PR). One of the things that struck me when I saw their anchor broadcasting from the rooftop of the station building (below)....



... is how much it reminded me of another anchor, broadcasting from the roof of another building, not so long ago:


Telemundo, however, has not stopped showing commercial breaks, and has thus wasted no time in creating a neat little scare-o-graphic to act as transition:

I wonder how long before somebody from the Gulf corporation gives them a call and tells them to cut it out.

No comments: