Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The New TV

I don’t usually blog when I buy a TV (I don’t usually buy a TV; I’ve had good luck with them) but this is a real steal at twice the price…. (unfortunately for you – none of you – you can't get it). I found it at the J&R clearance store… used (very slightly, apparently, although you can’t tell at all), refurbished (i.e., factory refreshed & tested etc), with a 3-month store warranty which is plenty for an item with exactly one moving part (the “on” button).

61” 1080p Samsung DLP (same projection technology digital movie theaters now use).
Worked yesterday, works today, I’m sure it will work tomorrow.

$1300+tax. Beat that, buddy. If it craps out a year from now I'm still ahead.

The old 3-CRT rear-projection (“ol’ Tiny” we’re now calling it) is seen to its right, next to the stairs, looking all dejected. The HD Tivo, beneath the new one, is saying “ ‘bout time, jeez, what does an overpriced piece of bleeding-edge technology need to do to get noticed around here”.






No comments: