Saturday, September 22, 2007

New York City, at eye level



Months after I finished building its web site (link goes to it) I finally went out of my way to go see Top of The Rock, the observation platform on top of 30 Rockefeller Plaza (the building seen during the opening credits of Tina Fey's 30 Rock sitcom; used to be the "RCA" building, now GE headquarters).

(I did not take the photo to the right,
but I did take this one)





So, from 70+ floors above street level:


The Pan Am building, with the Chrysler behind it.




The Sony building


Upper West Side


Upper East Side


Empire State building, with a new twin


Central Park...


...which isn't as big as one thinks




Citicorp Building



Then afterwards we went to a restaurant with lawn jockeys out front:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember from decades ago that it was the BEST view2 of Manhattan. But then they closed it (and the Restaurant). I will check it out next time i am in NYC

Anonymous said...

The Jockey Club! Brings fond memories of the Nazca launch via Satelite to 6 S American cities.
Probably the biggest thing I have produced... from the crappiest place possible (hated the Club) at least space wise.

Juanolator said...

No more restaurant (at the observation platform specifically), but there's always the Rainbow Room which, while also at the top of the building, you get to via a different, non-riff-raff elevator.