Saturday, August 25, 2007

Why Linda Ronstadt is my gal

OK this is from 13 years ago but it's my blog and I can do anything I want in this very tiny corner of the Universe, even bend time and pretend to be timely. My heart has had a "Welcome" sign for Linda since a couple of years ago when she was booed off not just a Las Vegas stage, but the entire Hotel that she was staying and performing in. Below is what caught my attention today (full article from 1994 here):

Linda Ronstadt[...]She says she hasn't heard Frank Sinatra's popular Duets album but confides that she was asked to sing with Old Blue Eyes. Producing friend Jimmy Webb's new record took precedence, she explains, saying she would love to do a duet with Sinatra - if she could produce it. Then she adds, "It just hasn't commanded my attention the way that it would if Aaron Neville called me up and said, 'Hey do you want to sing, you know, the phone book?' Fine, let's get together and sing the phone book. No problem. Aaron's my guy."[...]

No comments: