Sunday, May 20, 2007

"I must admit, I can't image anything more awful than polygamy."

Mitt Romney

"I must admit, I can't image
anything more awful than polygamy."
-- Mitt Romney



Mitt Romney must be a much braver man than he is given credit for. He has just admitted(*) to such a spectacular lack of imagination that he had to reach back to a practice abandoned over a century ago by official church doctrine in order to find something "awful" about the LDS church. Why not the institutionalized practice of sexually scarring children? That's pretty god- damned awful in my opinion, and it is practiced with pious zeal to this day.

Oh, and here's something good to find awful as well... he's against abortion but for the death penalty. Pretty standard cognitive dissonance for a Republican these days. *yawn*.. But, still pretty god-dammed awful as far as hypocrisy goes.


(*) I know this actually happened several days ago. I've been legitimately busy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, I would love to hear his thoughts on the Mountain Meadow Massacre. This is a little talked about event in the history of the LDS that has been covered up for years. I only know about because I have been working on the website of a film that centers around this event. Basically, 120 men, women and children were slaughtered in 1857 by mormons who were afraid of anyone trying to interfere in their religion. Today the church will not admit that the immigrants were murdered on the command of Brigham Young, but instead stay vague about blame and say only that it was a terrible accident.