Wednesday, April 11, 2007

my next phone


please note it floats



my Siemens SX66 phone, a sturdy, mind-spinningly hip-for-one-year-after-I-bought-it (which was two years ago) died yesterday of suspected total failure error. it was in my pocket at the time so it's hard to say of what cause (no "it probably got hit by a stroke while in your pocket" jokes pls; we've been through enough), although I'm told that it was probably quick and painless. donations to the Free Software Foundation are encouraged as a means of honoring lil' Thrummer.

(another theory, since my 2-year contract ended two weeks ago, is that Cingular told it to take a hit for the team)




the new boy doesn't come out until september. in the meantime, this is the piece of shit i'm stuck with. i swear to god, i've had it up to my eyebrows about iraq and darfur; some of us have real problems.

No comments: